What’s Happening around North Texas CoDA
ON THIS PAGE:
Select a bullet point to go directly to that info
- Traditions Study – Begins Jan. 25 – Sign up Now
- Intergroup Meeting – Jan. 14 – 1:00 pm
- Sept. 10 Quarterly Newsletter – What’s New
- New Meeting! – Plano-Allen-McKinney
- Holiday Party – Dec. 3rd
- Step Study – Begins Oct. 18
- Sponsor Meetings! – 1st Wednesdays
- Sponsor Sign-Up – Become or Find a Sponsor
- CoDA Speeches
- Secretary Needed
- Service Opportunities – Honoring the 12th Step
- Previous Meeting Newsletters
Traditions Study – NEW!
Begins Jan. 25
Join us for our first ever virtual Traditions Study!
Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon CoDA unity. – 1st Tradition
What is a Traditions Study?
- Similar to a step study, with a focus on CoDA Traditions.
- Apply the traditions to your personal relationships!
- Discover how decisions are guided by our traditions.
- We read the traditions at every CoDA meeting – They are the foundation of everything CoDA.
- Use the traditions in your meeting to best serve your CoDA community.
- Applying CoDA Traditions to CoDA Service.
TRADITIONS INTRODUCTION AUDIO: Judy C.
BEGINS: Jan. 25th
WHEN: Monthly – Every 4th Wednesday of the Month
WHERE: Meets Online
MATERIALS: Order Materials below
For additional info: email Judy C – [email protected]
SIGN UP NOW! – https://forms.gle/ppcjPfpD5cUagNPVA
- Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions Workbook
- Twelve Piece Relationship Toolkit
- Finding Solutions: Traditionally Speaking
Tuesdays at 7:00 pm
Great News! New meeting in the Plano Allen McKinney area. This is a new but growing group!
Plano-Allen-McKinney CoDA (TX603): Tue 7: 00 PM
Greenville Oaks Church of Christ
– 703 S. Greenville, Allen, TX 75002
Primary contact: Lourdes @ 214.392.4061
Meeting Info: https://coda.org/meeting/plano-allen-mckinney-first-meeting-november-22-2022/
North Texas Intergroup Meeting (csg)
Sat. Jan. 14, 2023
We need your help!
Just some of the things we accomplished in the past year:
- New Sponsorship Program! – Amy C.
- Newcomer meetings! – English & Spanish too!! – Haden E & Norma
- Two New CoDA Meetings! – Allen & Red Oak
- Two CoDA Parties! – Cindi S.
- Enhanced website! – New tools for working the steps &
tools for sponsorship – Robert M. (https://northtexascoda.org)
- Joint partnership with CoDA Texas updating their website, enrollment process for State Conference, and processing electronic payments – Wendy S.
We need your help! CSG Intergroup is where we build a strong CoDA Community. We are stronger when we have programs and efforts to enhance the recovery of us all. We celebrate the progress we make to Carry the Message and enhance communication between the groups.
Please send a group service representative (GSR) to represent your local meeting. Our hope is that a GSR from every local meeting will attend. We look forward to the fellowship!
For more information on the role of Intergroup and how it operates please see https://northtexascoda.org/about/
When: Sat. Jan. 14
Time: 1:00 pm
Join us on ZOOM or by phone
1) To Join via Zoom:
2) To Join by PHONE:
Dial: (346) 248-7799 – Enter meeting ID & Passcode
Meeting ID: 964 882 1379 Passcode: 042020
Steps are the Cornerstone of Recovery
Begins Oct. 18th
A NEW STEP STUDY WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO BEGIN THE NEXT STEP STUDY
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER HERE
We encourage you to join these studies when you
can and step up in recovery!
TIME: Tuesdays 6:30-8:00 PM
WHERE: 9215 Diceman Dr
Dallas, TX (White Rock United Methodist Church)
NEED: Links in email confirmation — CoDA Blue Book + Twelve
Steps and Twelve Traditions Workbook
**For additional info, contact Vi at: [email protected]
Our steps are the cornerstone of our recovery. Step studies will cover each of the twelve steps in-depth. For many of us, our codependent behaviors are almost automatic. In recovery – one step at a time – we learn to overcome our self-defeating behaviors. This is a great opportunity to learn how to integrate the steps into your daily life, and take a major step for recovery.
Sponsor Support Meetings!
Every 1st Wednesday – 7:00 pm
List of Available Sponsors, Sponsor tips, Sponsoring Tools & Support
Join us to help create a strong Sponsorship Registry for everyone!
Support during the Sponsorship Journey
You will not be alone!
- Tips for finding a sponsor & List of available sponsors
- Find out how to get ongoing sponsor support!
- Learn about the Sponsorship experience including the benefits of being a Sponsor
- Sponsorship Guides:
- 1st 14 Days in CoDA
- 30 Questions for Steps 1-3
- How to join the NTX Registry
Invite a CoDA friend!
WHEN: Every 1st Wednesday
TIME: 7:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 834 2453 8972
Play: Yumi talks about the benefits of sponsorship
December 3 – 7:00 PM
North Texas CoDA
The North Texas CSG Intergroup needs to fill an essential officer opening for secretary. This is a volunteer board position and a great opportunity to practice step 12, enhance your recovery, and help serve our CoDA Community.
A new secretary will elected at the next CSG Intergroup meeting on July 9th.
The Secretary attends all quarterly meetings and is responsible for:
- Attends quarterly meetings taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Communicates important information to the CoDA community using all tools as appropriate (e-mail, text, What’s App, etc.)
- Maintains effective records and administration
- Distributes Event Invitations and reports related RSVPs.
- For more information, contact Charles: (214) 228-4871
To be placed on the ballot to be our new secretary, please submit the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnPFAwPemRCvxV0teQPDJdC59sGs7GBO_3z9QdZYkZsSb5Xg/viewform
RETREAT SPEAKERS – 2021
We had some great speaker presentations at the recent CoDA retreat. This is great information and can provide a big boost to your recovery. Highly recommended!
See our speakers page:
“Living the 3rd Step” is Now Online!
Presented by our CoDA Founders
In case you missed CoDA founders Ken & Mary R’s recent presentation titled “Living the 3rd Step,” you can now view it on Arizona CoDA’s facebook page:
2021 is the CoDA Year of Service
Service is the Cornerstone of Step 12
Some have personally found doing service to be a great way to learn to set boundaries and say no when we need or want to. Especially early on, some need to learn what limits are, and service in CoDA is a great way to practice in a safe environment. It’s also an excellent way to learn about the 12 Traditions, make new friends in recovery, practice the 3rd tradition by actively coming to consensus & group conscience in a healthy and respectful manner, learn how to encourage & participate in building a healthy consensus, and help to ensure CoDA’s continued health and presence – and to just plain enjoy some fun & fellowship!
We give back because we have received, and in so doing, we continue to carry the CoDA message to other codependents who still suffer.
See some of our recent events here
2022 CODA RETREAT
July 22-24, 2022 in La Grange, TX
Our biggest attendance ever – Sold Out!
Sign up early next year
Support your Inner Child
Recovery takes place when we support our Inner Child. This year’s retreat features TWO inner child workshops… AND MORE!
See the agenda for more fun events!
CoDA Celebrates 35 Years!
We had a great time at the 35th CoDA Birthday Party!
Codependents Anonymous officially celebrated 35 years in North Texas!
Where: Dunston’s Steakhouse
8526 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235